At Ecogy, developing solar projects and seeing them through from planning to operation is the bread and butter of what we do, and what we do best.
Power Purchase Agreement (PPA)
Ecogy Solar finances solar PV systems through Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs), which are the easiest way to reduce energy costs with solar. With a PPA:
- Ecogy Solar leases your roof from you to build a solar PV system.
- Ecogy Solar finances the construction of the system; you pay zero upfront cost.
- You agree to purchase all electricity generated by the solar PV system at a reduced rate, significantly below your current electricity cost.
- This energy produced on-site offsets a portion of your utility bill, reducing your overall electricity expenditures.
- Ecogy Solar is solely responsible for the maintenance, repair, and removal of the system at the end of the term.
Advantages of Solar PPAs
The Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) structure eliminates upfront cost, maximizes savings, and minimizes project risk. Benefits include:
- Zero upfront cost to customer - energy savings start from Day 1.
- No risk to host - Ecogy Solar assumes all risks associated with owning and operating the system.
- Clean energy for your building - reduce your carbon footprint.
- Option of fixed-price or floating structures
- Fixed-price structures guarantee a low electricity price for the life of the system and act as a hedge against volatile energy prices
- Floating structures fluctuate based on actual avoided cost; they guarantee constant-percentage energy savings